This week, 10,400 new and returning Lumberjacks moved onto the Flagstaff Mountain Campus, including 634 students who moved into the new, 204,656-square-foot NAU Honors College Living and Learning Community.
Check out the facts and stats of NAU students this year, who officially begin the fall semester on Monday.
Fall 2018 move-in
- More than 22,600 students will attend the Flagstaff campus.
- About 8,600 students will attend classes online or at one of 24 statewide campuses.
- About 5,800 first-year students are enrolling at NAU.
- More than 2,200 new transfer students will begin this year, in Flagstaff, statewide and online.
- NAU will house 10,400 students on campus, including 90% of freshmen.
- With the addition of the Honors Living and Learning Community, NAU is ranked in the top 1% of the nation for on-campus housing capacity.
A look at this year’s Lumberjacks
- About 69% of NAU students are Arizona residents.
- More than 36% of the student body identifies as non-white or as two or more ethnicities.
- 4% of NAU’s students and 2% of incoming freshmen are international students from 78 countries representing all continents but Antarctica.
- More than 1,000 new graduate students are starting at NAU this fall, a 10% increase over last year.