Kudos to these students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Senior tennis player Chiara Tomasetti was ranked No. 71 in the Oracle Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Preseason National Ranking for women. Tomasetti ended the spring 2019 season ranked No. 110. This is the highest ranking of her career in collegiate tennis. Tomasetti also won the Bedford Cup title in the first fall tournament for the NAU women’s tennis team.
- Annika Gustafsson, Ph.D. student in astronomy and planetary sciences, presented at the “New Cometary Insights from the Close Approach of 46P/Wirtanen: A Symposium in Celebration of Mike A’Hearn,” located in Maryland.
- The Phoenix chapter of the Public Relations Society of America honored communication student Jasmine Black during its annual Copper Anvil Awards program on Sept. 10. She received the chapter’s annual PRSSA student scholarships.
- NAU’s men cross country team is ranked No. 1 in the latest U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association National Coaches Poll. NAU was followed by Brigham Young University, Washington and Colorado.
- Ari Koeppel, Ph.D. student in astronomy and planetary sciences, co-authored “Differentiation in impact melt sheets as a mechanism to produce evolved magmas on Mars.” The paper was published in Icarus.