Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu.
- James Wilce, professor of anthropology, published his article “Medical Discourse” in the Annual Review of Anthropology, which has the highest impact rating for periodicals publishing work by anthropologists.
- Jim Allen, executive director of the School of Forestry, received the 2009 Alumnus of the Year Award from Louisiana State University’s School of Renewable Natural Resources. Allen received his Ph.D. from LSU in 1994.
- In its recent Generation E published report, The National Wildlife Federation cites Northern Arizona University as one of 165 universities leading effective campus climate and sustainability issues.
- The College of Health and Human Services has received $600,000 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for scholarships for disadvantaged students. The funds will help support the educational goals of 106 students in the college. This is the second year the college received the scholarship funding and the sixth year that the Dental Hygiene Department has been a recipient. A third of the funds for the scholarships come from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- NAU’s section of the Berlin Wall on display in the Modern Languages Department Babbitt Annex is featured on a world map maintained by the BBC that shows where all the pieces of the Wall are now located. Scroll to the Arizona area to see the wall photographed with President of the Arizona Board of Regents Ernest Calderón and Marilya Veteto-Reese, professor of German.