Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu.
- The National Communication Association’s Ethnography Division has awarded its Best Book of the Year Award to Mark Neumann, director of the School of Communication, and co-author Daniel Makagon, for Recording Culture: Audio Documentary and the Ethnographic Experience. Makagon is an associate professor of communication at DePaul University. The award was presented Nov. 13 at the association’s annual meeting in Chicago.
- David Schlosberg, professor of politics and international affairs, was a guest speaker during the “Climate Change in the Courts: Emerging Patterns” workshop last week at the University of Edinburgh School of Law in Scotland. Schlosberg’s talk, “Climate Justice, the Capabilities Approach, and Policy Implications,” was presented during a session on environmental justice and policies.
- Natalie Cawood, a lecturer, and Rebecca Garrison, an associate professor, both from the department of Sociology and Social Work, presented a paper, “Initiating Infused Gerontological Competencies: Lessons from BSW Students Following Elder Service-Learning Experience,” at the recent 55th annual meeting for the Council on Social Work Education in San Antonio, Texas.
- Sherri McCarthy, professor of Education Psychology at NAU-Yuma, authored the book, Building Asian Families and Communities in the 21st Century, during her time teaching as a visiting professor at the University of Malaysia.
- Jon Reyhner, professor in the College of Education, wrote the article, “Indigenous Education in Global Contexts,” published in International Studies in Education journal.