Northern Arizona University will welcome Lumberjack families and friends for its annual Family Weekend Oct. 2-4.
From attending a college class, campus sky viewing and symphony concert to watching the ‘Jacks defend the Dome, it will be a fun-filled weekend for Lumberjacks of all ages.
Featured events are listed below and a complete schedule is available online. Events are free and open to families, guests and students unless otherwise noted.
Friday, Oct. 2
- 12 p.m. Fall Stew Fest | Native American Cultural Center – The annual stew fest co-hosted by Native American Student Services and the Native American Cultural Center features Native American stews, fry bread and live music.
- 6 p.m. Family Welcome Reception and Academic Showcase | Native American Cultural Center – The welcome reception features complimentary refreshments and a display of creative and research projects by undergraduate students from across campus.
- 7 p.m. Casino Night | du Bois Center – Casino Night, hosted by students from the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, offers fun for the whole family with casino games, raffles and a silent auction. Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for students/children. Proceeds benefit the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management Scholarship Fund.
Saturday, Oct. 3
- 8 a.m. 5k Fun Run & 2 Mile Walk | Lumberjack Stadium – The annual family run and walk begins and ends at the Lumberjack Stadium with prizes for the winning teams. Registration is in person the morning of the event. The first 100 registrants will receive a free race shirt.
- 1 p.m. Family Weekend BBQ | Capital Assets Parking Lot P64 – NAU Campus Dining hosts a pregame tailgate and BBQ. Tickets are $14.50 for adults and $7.50 for children. Entry is free for students with a meal plan.
- 4 p.m. NAU Football vs. Montana State | Walkup Skydome – The big game starts at 4 p.m. when the Lumberjack football team defends the Dome against Montana State. Game tickets are available through the Central Ticket Office. Free parking is available in P62 with shuttle service to and from the Skydome. Click here for a map.
Sunday, Oct. 4
- 10 a.m. Family Brunch | du Bois Center –The brunch brings the weekend to a close with a gathering of Lumberjack families. Tickets are $15 for adults and $7.50 for children. Entry is free for students with a meal plan.