Several NAU employees on medical leaves of absence are in need of donated vacation hours because they have not accrued enough hours to remain in a paid status while on leave.
The university’s Compassionate Transfer of Leave program provides eligible employees with additional paid leave for a specific period of time due to catastrophic illness or injury.
To donate a portion of your accrued vacation hours to these employees:
- Download and complete the “Contributor” information at the top of the Compassionate Transfer of Leave form.
- Enter the number of accrued vacation hours you wish to donate. Note that you must retain a minimum balance of 80 vacation hours after the leave transfer.
- Leave the “Recipient” name blank. Benefits advisor Alicia Howard will oversee the distribution of donated vacation hours to the seven employees who are eligible to receive them.
- Sign and date as “Contributor” in the middle of the form.
- Mail the form to Howard at NAU Box 4113.
For information, contact Alicia Howard at (928) 523-0243 or Alicia.Howard@nau.edu.