Kudos to these alumni
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Alumnus Mike Jankowski was the head coach of 32 U.S. Winter Olympic Athletes. Under his guidance, Team USA has won 20 medals. PyeongChang was Jankowski’s fourth Olympics.
- Phoenix Magazine named Michael Hamant to the Health Care Power List for 2018. He is the 126th president of the Arizona Medical Association. Hamant received both his undergraduate degree and his master’s degree at NAU.
- Chuck Hardt will be inducted into the Arizona High School Athletic Coaches Hall of Fame for track on April 29. Hardt has spent more than 30 years teaching, coaching and mentoring the youth of Payson. Read more about Chuck Hardt online.
- Edythe E. Weeks, who graduated from NAU with a Ph.D. in political science in 2006, is releasing a new book on U.S. race relations. “Do Race Relations Matter in the United States?” was inspired by years of teaching race and ethnic relations courses at NAU coupled with various teaching experiences as a Fulbright scholar.
- The NAU Prescott Area Alumni Chapter adopted a portion of Highway 89A at mile marker 324. Chapter leaders including Bill Nyman ‘70, Cindy Nyman ‘71 and ‘75, Mike Beatty ‘77, Katherine Anderson ’04, Jessica Marks ’09 and David Williams ’09, will be organizing cleanups three times per year for chapter members to participate in.